Packing your whole house is never easy, but little tricks can do wonders in making the process ten times easier.
You don’t have to invest a lot in making the move easier.
If you are moving for the first time, use these tips to make your move a stress free one.
- Hire a Removalist: For a stress-free move, it is crucial to select a reputable removalist. This will also guarantee that your valuables reach the destination without much damage.
- Pick the right moving day: Select the cheapest month of the year. Ask the removalist about the off-season rates. Also, do not travel on weekends.
- Declutter your belongings: To start packing, you need to begin decluttering your belongings. This will give you an idea about what you want to throw, move, donate or sell. This will also reduce your cost of moving. Declutter one room at a time.
- Pack things you want to sell and donate: Pack these separately and schedule a donation camp. You can use this money in hiring movers.
- Checklist: Have a checklist or a to-do list. You will tend to forget many things in the moving stress and end up with unnecessary last minute hassles. Fill the checklist the moment something comes in your mind.
- Get free boxes: You can save your money on moving boxes by getting them for free from stores like grocery stores, liquor stores, and pharmacies.
- Pack one day at a time: You will be more motivated to pack if you do it in batches, rather than all at once. You can all three days for one room.
- Search or original boxes: Try to search for original boxes of items like TV. These boxes are designed for a safe transition.
- Label: Label each moving box. Write the number of the box, which room the contents are from, and the contents.
- Colour code: Colour code each room and stick the same colour on the moving box. Stick all four sides and the top as well. This will help you identify the room and unpack with just a glance.
- Maintain an inventory: This should have the number of boxes with the description on its label. It will help you to know how many boxes are there and if something went missing during the transit.
These are some tips which can help you to pack and move easily.
As you can see, these are not tough to use, nor do you have to invest a lot in integrating these ideas.
Your removalists might be able to give you more tips.